Sam has amassed unique experiences in athletics, social innovation, and entrepreneurship all while facing the obstacles of Type One Diabetes. While pursuing his undergraduate degree at Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business, Sam excelled on the field, in the classroom, and in helping the community. As a former NFL prospect, holder of every rushing record at Carnegie Mellon, a 2x Academic All-American and only Div. III Finalist for the honorable William V. Campbell Trophy, and Founder of social innovation initiative "Innovate x PGH Challenge", Sam carries fresh perspectives on health, entrepreneurship, and athletics.
- The Diabetic Athlete: Overcoming Adversity and Performing at the Top Level
- The T1D Lifestyle: Reflections and Revelations on a Life with Type One Diabetes
- Social Entrepreneurship 101: The Story of Innovate x PGH Challenge and Game Plan T1D
- Heart Over All: Lessons Learned from a Successful Career in Football
- Custom: Have Something Else in Mind, Let's Discuss!